Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents
We are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our established Finance department. You will have experience working with volume within a SME and relevant Accounts Payable experience. As the Accounts Payable Clerk, you will proactively deal with large volume of invoices and / or suppliers’ correspondences with accuracy and speed, reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Processing Stock Invoices - matching to any PO's that have been 'goods receipted'
- Processing overhead Invoices/Credit notes to the correct Supplier account
- Processing invoices into the correct P&L nominals with accurate detail for the Management Accountant to report appropriately
- Processing invoices into the correct BS nominals with accurate detail for the Accountants Assistant to manage appropriately
- Processing invoice VAT to the relevant tax control account to ensure VAT returns can be completed correctly
- Matching payments to the relevant invoices
- Updating departmental trackers with latest invoices received and chasing authorisation
- Updating Accounting Systems with approved invoices in preparation for the next payment run
- Sending Remittances to suppliers after each payment has been approved on the bank
- Creating and reconciling the weekly BACS payments
- Creating and reconciling the weekly Transfers payments
- Liaising with Accounts Assistants to ensure payments have been recognised in the bank nominals and relevant supplier account
- Set up Monthly/quarterly rent payments to ensure rent is paid on time
- Urgently action any account suspensions
- Review Aged creditors to ensure all invoices and payments have been allocated
- Review Aged creditors and chase supplier statements
- Producing Accrual sheet for invoices that have been received but not yet approved
- Supplying support for requests to update supplier bank detail
- Process Customer and Accounts Receivable Refunds
- Process Sales Commission Invoices
- This is a great role for someone with at least 12 months experience working within Purchase Ledger or Accounts Payable functions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable, self-disciplined, speed and accuracy essential
- Team player
- Ability to work within set deadlines
- Good aptitude for IT – knowledge of software packages
- Experience working in a multi-currency environment
- Experience in analysing information
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.