Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents
Garment Technologist - Menswear
PURPOSE: This position is within the Quality (Technical) Department reporting to the Senior Garment Technologist
- Advising key measurement and construction detailing to design/development packs to facilitate production of prototype samples
- Maintaining accurate product packages, setting up of initial prototype packs, fitting though all stages of development in collaboration with design and product development.
- Full ownership of product from SMS stage to bulk production, fitting and approval of graded size charts for production, approving all fabric and trim testing.
- Updating tech packs with comprehensive fit comments, construction comments, providing technical instructions to the supply base.
- Liaising with suppliers and factories during the production to ensure technical issues are supported with clear and timely decisions to ensure shipment dates are achieved.
- Maintain technical sample tracker to track approval processes of products.
- Assessment and approval of all bulk fabric, prints and trims, carrying out wash and wear trials on new qualities
- Reviewing base and bulk test reports of all fabrics and trims and approving washcare instructions. Maintaining fabric testing matrix
- Assessing production/shipment samples meet all fit, quality, labelling and packaging requirements. Assessing final AQL inspection reports, liaising with the production department to facilitate the maintenance of required ex-factory dates.
- Working closely with the product development teams to review responsible and sustainable fabric and trim alternatives, and review necessary certification needed; keeping on top of the validity of all certificates for all responsibly sourced fabrics and trims in the range
- Reviewing all bulk lab dips and communicating colour feedback to ensure colour continuity within each quarter of the whole range and supply base.
- Managing quick turn around products for Special Make Up styles.
- Maintaining block and measurement libraries to maintain fit continuity and continuing to update with additions in line with brand fits/sizing.
- Ensuring master brand standards for colours, embroideries and constructions are monitored and maintained
- Good Technical knowledge of garment fitting, grading and construction. (2-3 YEARS)
- The ability to effectively communicate across internal departments and external sources,
- both verbally and in writing.
- Good knowledge of fabrics, lab testing and assessment of results
- Ability to work in structured and timely manner under pressure within a team environment across multiple seasons and suppliers.
- Motivated to improve the product at every stage and strive for the highest achievable quality.
- Knowledge of kidswear including risk assessments / health and safety
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint & Teams (Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator).
- Experience of PLM & Interlink systems.
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.