Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents.
The Store Manager is responsible for creating an unrivaled Fred Perry customer experience whilst running the shop in line with both the financial and strategic goals of the company.
The Store Manager is responsible for achieving all KPI’s including sales revenue, stock loss, managing all controllable costs, Conversion, ATV, UPT and eReceipts % whilst ensuring that our store team deliver a premium level of customer service.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead our team with a singular brand approach to customer experience using the physical and digital tools available
- Promote and monitor the quality of service given by our team through training and by acting as a positive role model
- Create "seamless customer service" by making every effort to actively find solutions to our customer’s enquiries regardless of where our customers are based and how they contact you.
- Be personally available to all customers to identify their needs and address their questions or concerns using the physical and digital tools available
- Develop your own "core" customer service and management “style”
- Induct customers to the Fred Perry membership via eReceipt, website and / or via Fred Perry’s free instore WIFI.
- Understand the Fred Perry “eco-system” (stockists, independent gig venues, subcultures) in your area
- Maintain positive team attitude and morale by recognising outstanding performance and service
- Motivate and develop our people to encourage their professional and personal development
- Maintain training and coaching standards to ensure both product and systems expertise is focused to creating the best possible customer experience
- Provide an "open" policy where employees are free to express their concerns and feelings without fear of retribution or ill will
- Identify and develop future potential Shop Managers / ASM / supervisors to meet the long range Retail and Company objectives
- Be open to change and lead your team to evolve and improve
Budgeting, Planning, Inventory, Operations
- Achieve the sales target set by the company
- Achieve KPI targets set by the company
- In conjunction with the RM monitor KPI’s on a daily, weekly and monthly and annual basis
- Ensure that targets will be met through appropriate planning and organisation of staff.
- Ensure that all our team are aware of sales targets and KPI’s and contribute to achieving the shop goals
- Plan all expenses for short and long term success
- Maintain expenses and all petty cash spending records
- Conduct all operational requirements as set by the business
- Ensure that all staff carry out operational policies and procedures as per the company guidelines
- Monitor a loss prevention to protect the company's inventory and assets
- Investigate all incidents of stock loss and ensure that it is reported to the Retail team
- Take necessary action to lower expenses if sales goals are not being met
- Hire people who pursue passions that relate to our brand, the subcultures who wear our brand and who share our values of authenticity, diversity and individuality
- Inspire employees so that each person contributes to the positivity and productivity of our team
- Maintain staffing levels that allow for the best possible customer experience
- Delegate workload appropriately and effectively
- Write performance evaluations and goal assessments on the Assistant Shop Manager on a quarterly basis
- With the Assistant Shop Manager, evaluate all team members and ensure that reviews are given on schedule with documentation received by the RM and Retail Department
- Where necessary, discipline employees consistent with the company disciplinary policies
- Communicate with the Regional Retail Manager at least once a week via the digital tools available to cover shop activities relating to customer service, events, and local issues
- Compile detailed analysis of shop performance on a weekly basis and submit to RM and Retail Department with action plans on variances each Sunday evening
- Review monthly, the shop's progress with the RM
- Hold weekly team meetings and submit notes to RM
- Maintain open and positive relations with all divisions of the company
- Maintain feedback loop to RM’s with customer comments and team member opinions
- Work with the Retail Merchandiser to establish and maintain the optimum inventory levels for your shop
- Ensure that company policy and procedures are communicated in a timely manner and adhered to accordingly
- Maintain high merchandising standards that reflect the Fred Perry VM Guidelines
- Ensure that stock is effectively merchandised in your shop making good use of the windows and all other display tools and fixtures
- Display passion for our brand, our products and the role you play in our team
- Willingly put in effort and hard work, showing reliability and consistency
- Has a prepared and organised approach to work showing attention to detail
- Works flexibly while consistently meeting agreed deadlines
- Responds to feedback positively by making changes
- Embraces new challenges and changes in role, team and company
- Have a clear understanding of priorities and focusing energy and drive to complete them
- Treats others as they wish to be treated – always being a brand ambassador
- Willingly accepts new tasks or challenges not part of their day to day
- Remaining enthusiastic with an attitude to keep trying without seeking praise
- As management, lead your team by example using these values
- Available to work shop schedule Monday to Sunday.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to safely lift boxes up to15kg
- Comfortable in climbing ladders
- Some travel may be required
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- At least one year experience in retail shop management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates an ability to lead, inspire and motivate employees.
- Strong selling skills and commercial ability.
- Knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards.
- Understanding of basic retail concepts (gross margin, markdowns).
- Excel and Word proficient.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary
- Generous staff discount
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Season ticket loan
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.