Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents
12 Month FTC
The Senior Product Developer will focus on researching and developing new European Manufacturers.
The role is aimed at an experienced Product developer, who will work closely with the Head of Quality & Sustainability to research, scope and trial new European manufacturing sources.
- Extensive research using networking, business intelligence and external resources to identify manufacturing sources in countries of interest.
- Introduce sources to Fred Perry requirements and assess viability.
- Work with chosen sources to provide design packs, review suitable fabrics, and support them to make accurate assessments of their abilities.
- Work through product costings and present accurate sourcing comparison data to the business
- Take the selected suppliers through a trail order process, working with the relevant Product development and technical teams to support the new supplier
- Maintain regular updates to the key stakeholders working on the European Sourcing
- Should come from a product development background.
- Has experience working with and onboarding new suppliers.
- Needs to have had experience with price negotiation
- Should have familiarity of working with brands of a similar market position
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.