Fred Perry will never favour short term gain if it, in anyway, devalues the long-term strength of the brand. We continue to be a profitable global niche brand with strong values of integrity, personality and individuality.
Our Credit Control team now have an opportunity, for an Accounts Assistant to join their team.
This role will be based at our head office in London; however Fred Perry has fully embraced the new world of remote working and flexibility can be offered. With a hybrid of both home and office working
The main purpose of this role is to manage the debts of wholesale customers, ensuring they pay in a timely manner, chased where necessary and payments correctly allocated in the sales ledger. You will handle new account requests, credit checking and account queries, corresponding with the customer and internally where required. Generate excel reporting from various sources and liaise with all levels of management within the business. In the near future you will also be involved in the role out of a new internal system.
Maintaining and review customer accounts across several territories in Europe and Rest of World
- Post and allocate accurately all Accounts Receivable payments in multicurrency (GBP, USD, CAD, EUR)
- Regular sales ledger account reconciliations
- Methodical approach to review & prioritise the ledger debt daily
- Actively chase overdue debt by telephone, emails and letters within agreed timescales
- Answer all inbound telephone and email queries and liaise with other departments to ensure that issues are resolved quickly & correctly
- Handle disputes and negotiate payment plans to collect debt
- Continuously build & develop customer relationships
- Liaise with solicitors if legal proceedings ensue
- Assist in creation of efficient and streamlined credit control systems
- Meeting cash and DSO targets set by management
- Preparation and posting of journals to the AR ledger
- Credit Checking of new accounts
- Set and review credit limits within agreed parameters
- Assisting with other transactional and administrative duties including reporting
- At least 2 years credit control experience in a wholesale or retail operation
- IT literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Work well in and team but also individually
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proactive attitude to problem-solving
- Ability to work in a fast paced, commercially focused environment and able to adapt to change quickly
- Knowledge of external portals & self-billing systems would be an advantage.
- A passion for the fashion retail industry
Hours and Benefit
- Pension scheme – 8.5% company contribution.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Birthday vouchers.
- Staff discount.
- Buy extra holidays.
- Life insurance.
- Private healthcare.
- 25 days annual leave not including bank holidays.
- Company bonus and much much more
"Fred Perry believe in diversity and inclusion, we want you to know that your CV will be submitted anonymously and personal details will be hidden from hiring managers until the interview stage. We encourage you to remove any identifying information from your CV, such as address and date of birth before submitting your application."